Monday 13 October 2008

The 'honeymoon'

I knew we were going away somewhere, but I didn't know where. I was so surprised when Pete told me we were off to Dublin! I was excited the whole way there. I have wanted to go to Dublin for the whole time we have lived here, and now I have.

We stayed in the Belvedere Hotel. When we got there we went for a walk around the fair city. We walked along the banks of the Liffey, it is a beautiful wide river running through Dublin City.

In the morning it was out and about to see all of the different shops. We had a traditional Dublin breakfast (although I must admit it was just a normal English breakfast) but still very tasty. And Pete is sure he tore a calf muscle shopping :) He says he can walk for miles no problem, but shopping is another kind of fitness all together. We both had a great time in Dublin. And a very big thanks to Donovan and Eva who had our kids for the night. They had a good time too, dinner, movies the works. Thanks guys.

2 comments:

Dee said...

Looks like fun, we'll have to go there when we come visit you sometime.

Judy said...

I just LOVE your new blog design!

I have just caught up for the days we were away.

I am so grateful you are living your life joyously as well as dealing with the "slings and arrows of outrageous fortune"