Friday 4 July 2008

For Dad

Thank you for loving me. I have felt your love at times in my life when I have been feeling down, and it has been welcome.

You have shown me different ways in which I can be a better parent. I remember one time that you came into the bathroom while I was crying and trying to open the toothpaste. You took the toothpaste from me and showed me how to open it using the handle of my tooth brush. I still open the toothpaste that way, and remember your kindness almost every time.

I remember passing you pop rivets while you were building a room for me. You were willing to change your house to help me fit into it more comfortably.

There are so many things I could share, but I just wanted you to know that I feel your love and remember your kindness to me as I was growing up.

Thanks for being my dad, I love you.

No comments: