Sunday 22 July 2007

Harry Potter Ruins Family



Not content with destroying the hopes and dreams of a previously disadvantaged wizard from a troubled background, Harry Potter managed to ruin what was otherwise a fairly good weekend.

It all started with a 300 person queue in the local shopping mall at midnight on Friday.

After a brief but sharp marital spat Gillian declared herself winner and settled into bed for the long haul. Sustained only by bowls of fresh popcorn she read for hours, dozing occasionally with the book in a death grip in her right hand.

Just before midnight on Saturday evening - she having hogged the best seller for most of this time, letting out occasional exclamations of delight - she finally succumbed to sleep and I was able to remove the book using a crowbar and a lot of dishwashing liquid.

I knew I had to act fast. She could wake at any time and reclaim it using nothing but her feminine charms and steely glint. I read like a man possessed and just as I was enjoying the closing pages I noticed that the sky outside was light and the sun had risen.

Cheers

Pete

No comments: