Sunday 8 July 2007

Bonfire's Burning


The locals take their braais fairly seriously.

Every year on the 12th of July the Protestants build huge fires and burn Catholics (well, perhaps this year they won't burn any as peace is supposed to have broken out).

This one is outside a local housing estate called Kilcooley. I think that's derived from some ancient settlement rather than from a bias against Indians.

Speaking of braais our neighbours gave Cheryn a rabbit. It's amazingly soft but quite frightened as it had a fairly rough upbringing being dumped in an alley in a cage during a storm.

After a few almost all nighters I launched my new online business this week. It was exciting to wake up in the morning and find that people had bought while I was asleep. You're welcome to take a look at http://www.NoMore247.com and tell me what you think.

Gillian finally got tired of me borrowing her car and bought me a Kia Rio. I wanted a boy-racer car or perhaps a Porche for my mid life crisis and instead I got a purple hearse. I'm saving fuel because I'm embarrassed to be seen driving it.

Cheers

Pete

No comments: