Sunday 1 July 2007

Good to be home




I have just spent ten days in England looking after Roxanne and Vincent Baxter (my sister Angela's children) while they were away in the USA on a holiday. She lives in a very forested area of Surrey and I was treated to seeing squirrels and foxes in her garden. She also has a huge swing in the back garden and I spent a few hours swinging on it and admiring the view. It was also boring at times though because there is not much to do in someone else's house while the children are at school. I missed the children quite a lot this time (as I have been away from them before) and was glad to get back to them. I think the highlight of my trip there was the Lavender field, we were driving down the road and all of a sudden there was this bright purple field, and I didn't know what it was. We stopped and ran through the fields and just enjoyed the lavender assault on the nose. School is over now for the Summer and I am looking forward to sleeping in some more.

Gillian.




No comments: