Tuesday 16 August 2011

The Eden Project

This was the reason for the whole holiday!  I have wanted to go to the Eden Project for almost 4 years now.  When we got there I was literally jumping up and down with excitement!  It was amazing!


When you arrive you come onto a viewing deck and this is what you see, I kept saying:  "I can't believe I'm finally here!"




 The gardens were a work or art, beautiful to look at from afar, then beautiful to look at close up in detail.  They thought of everything.




Zeek thought this Industrial Plant was hilarious, he laughed for about 5 minutes!

Zeek on his throne being worshipped by his minion...

Then inside the dome, it was so hot, like Durban in the middle of February!  It made me very glad that I don't live there anymore.  But it was so lovely to see all the plants we miss.
 And some we have never seen before, this is the largest flower in the world, unfortunately I didn't get the name of it.
 The structure is incredible, if you don't like plants that much then come just because of this.



It is huge, this is still inside, the dome roof is 40m up!
 Rachel's red face because she was so hot.

 This is the roof of the Core, it is like a museum for the whole place, exploring the concepts behind conservation, plant life and how we humans can use them to the best of our advantage while not destroying the planet.  And an amazing movie about how the whole park was built, Pete and I had goose bumps watching it.


 They also have an expo area, with displays for the month, carnivorous (stinky) plants, games and things to do.

 What a great experience, one I cherish and was so blessed to be able to experience with my family too.





1 comment:

Judy said...

I hope to get there one day too...
Thanks for the sharing.