Friday 5 August 2011

Cheddar Gorge

Aunty Jane needed to go back to work, so we decided to go and visit Cheddar Gorge.  It was a gorgeous day, the sun was shining, it was hot, we were together, I really enjoyed it.  The caves were beautiful, and blessedly cool (I said it was hot, well it really was!)

When you get inside the caves you are given a hand set, you type the number in and it tells you information about the thing you are looking at.  


 There were loads of reflection pools.







 They still store the cheddar cheese in the caves, so lovely and cool down there.


 Then back outside again, we went on an open top bus for a tour of the gorge.  It was really interesting to hear all the stories about the different rocks.




 Caught on camera...

 We decided to brave Jacob's Ladder, it has 274 steps, and at the top there is a tower - more steps!  I got to the top fine, and thought I was doing well, but when I started to climb down my legs started shaking!  (Not so fit after all, must work harder in Aerobics)






No comments: