Friday 7 May 2010

Did you know there was such a thing as a slow worm? This is the second time we have found one in our garden, it may even be the same one. You know it's a lizard because it blinks. But otherwise you might be excused for thinking it is a snake. It feels really strange, because I was still thinking snake even although I know it's not one.


So after I have enjoyed holding this smooth gentle creature I hand it to Corbin, once it is in his hands it goes mad! Wiggling and squirming to get out of his hands! I scream because I don't want it in the house hiding under the furniture, Rachel screams because it is squirming near her and she is holding the bowl, Corbin screams because were screaming, and Pete takes a picture! By that point though it was safely in the bowl and I had begun to laugh.



1 comment:

Patrick said...

Slow-worms are cool. We had a pregnant one once. She gave birth to about eight little slow-worms.