Friday 3 July 2009

I went to Scotland with my parents

I flew over to Manchester where my cousin Jenny fetched me from the airport. We drove to the Preston Temple, and there we waited for my parents. We spent a lovely day and a half at the temple. Some special memories were made there.Then it was in the car and off to Scotland. This was very exciting for me, as I love to put pegs on the map. On the way there we went to the place my dad's grandfather was born and grew up.The whole purpose of going up to Scotland was to visit the Powrie castle (my mom's maiden name). We were spoiled by this lovely man (whose name I can't remember - sorry) who gave us a personal guided tour, and all out the kindness of his heart. We disturbed him as he was about to mow the lawns. Here are some bits of the castle we were shown;I'll tell you about my favourite experience in Scotland in the next post.

No comments: