Tuesday 8 March 2011

Granny Naylor

Today we lost a very special woman. Granny was so wonderful, she lived to serve, she loved unconditionally, she never took sides and always made everyone feel loved.

These pictures were taken last year when we visited Malcolm and Tracy in Leeds while Granny was there visiting. I am glad we went, we had some good times, and I enjoyed chatting to Granny late into the evenings in the lounge in front of the fire.

We love you Granny, I am glad that you can be reunited with Ron and Bert, both loved by you. Thanks for always making a special salad just for me :)

Until we meet again.

By Pete:

I'm not sure there is an afterlife, but, if there is I have no doubt that right now Gran is enjoying the rewards of a well spent life. I imagine her playing bowls, collecting shells on the beach and catching up with Dane, Ron and Bert and all the other people who've preceded her. There are probably 20 fox terriers called Penny or Skipper, a few skinny cats and no stick insects at all.

It was the right time for Gran to go, I think she was ready. But my arms ache for one more hug. And when I call, I know she won't answer, but, I'd give almost anything for another chat about everyday things.

And, if there is an afterlife, I know she'll be there to welcome me when it's my time to leave. I look forward to seeing her again.

I have 40 years of great memories and no regrets except the selfish one we all share for just one more day with her.

2 comments:

Jen said...

I'm sorry for your loss :(

Judy said...

Wow... the end of another era for you and your whole extended family. I'm glad she was able to visit so recently. I wish some increasing measures of comfort and peace for you and yours.