Tuesday 13 April 2010

A hike around the quarry

Every Sunday when we leave Church Corbin asks me when we are going to climb the hill by the chapel. So this Sunday when he asked I said: Tomorrow!!

He was very excited, we packed our back packs and Roxanne came along. I set the camera on timer so that we could all be in the picture.

The photos aren't in order (Grrrrrrr!) Anyway, this was the view from the top of the hill.

This was the steep climb down into the quarry from the top of the hill, it was actually quite fun sliding in the chalk.


An old building at the top of the hill.

slipping and sliding down the path;


This was us taking a picnic break at the top;
The steep trail from the bottom.
I am glad that we went, and today I had Zeek and Corbin begging me to take them back, I will, but not today.


1 comment:

Patrick said...

When you do go, I'd like to come with.

I love heights; and views from above.