Wednesday 9 December 2009

Ward Relief Society Christmas Party

The RS President and I decorated the hall, most of this stuff came from her home! Her husband used to say that he felt like he was walking into Santa's Grotto when he came home. I had great fun with the fake snow spraying the table centre pieces.
Angela and I with our Christmassy things on.
We asked the men in the ward to be our waiters, they were brilliant! Our apple juice never ran low, the food was served hot, and they even entertained us while serving. But when it came time for the pudding things got a little out of hand :)

They were going around taking pudding orders, there were about 6 things to choose from. I didn't even know what some of these puddings were, so I asked if I could have a little bit of everything. This is exactly what I got. Be careful what you ask for!

Then after the joke was fully laughed out, I got a better serving of a little of everything. Then one of the men came around with cream and custard and asked which I would prefer. I love cream, so I went: "MMMMMMM, Cream please." Well I got CREAM, I don't know if the picture shows it too well, but the pudding is swimming!

I haven't laughed so long and hard in a long time, and neither have the people who were at our table either. We had a great evening out with the ladies. I am glad I could be a part of it.

1 comment:

Judy said...

Wow! Splendid colours and decorations...
I am glad to see my girls too! Love you both.