Tuesday 22 December 2009

Visiting with Hilmar and Dianne

We just had a lovely weekend on the Main Land! On Saturday we drove up to Hilmar and Dianne's house. There was snow almost the whole way up, none by us, and none in Portsmouth, but everywhere else. It is so beautiful, a real winter wonder land! We did some ice skating in the car, and after the fear had subsided it was actually not so bad. They live in a lovely ground floor flat, the gardens are big, and look like they are great fun in the Summer.

Here is Zeek getting snow for something, not sure what. Oh by the way, I had my first ever snowball fight! It was so much fun, I want to do that again. I got Hilmar down the trousers (great shot), he got me in the side of the head (rightful pay back!) and we both got Zeek a few times. We were all laughing lots.
Phillipa and Rachel made this snow man.

The fox! I loved watching it just trotting around on the snow, not shy at all.


It's easy to keep your drinks cool when there is an endless supply of ice outside.
Thanks for having us over, it was nice, and we will do it again soon. It is so lovely to live closer.

PS, Dianne the pictures embiggen! thanks for showing me how.

No comments: