Wednesday 4 November 2009

Zeek and Rachel's First day of School

The school they go to is wonderful. They don't do homework in the "normal" sense of the word, they say it exhausts the children and doesn't work effectively anyway. So every three weeks they are required to hand in a project illustrating the work covered in those three weeks.

They don't separate the subjects, if you are learning about Italy (geography) and there is a certain kind of animal that lives there (biology) which has in the past been considered a pest for XYZ reasons (history) but is now being protected (current affairs).... So all the subjects are rolled into one big interesting lesson. I love it!

On Fridays they stop work at 12:00 and can go off into groups to do enrichment activities (all free of charge) swimming, golf, music, dance, tennis, hockey, theatre, and so on, I don't remember all of them, but there are 20 different things to choose from. Zeek said he is doing the golf, and Rachel wants to do the theatre.

Like I said, I love it!


1 comment:

Jen said...

It sounds absolutely wonderful!! I wish my boys' school was like that.