Thursday 27 August 2009

Help!

It has been discovered that I have a bad yeast infection in my gut. So I have been given a list of things that I must not eat for six weeks. I have some ideas of what I can eat, but today was my first day of this 'diet' and I had no idea what to eat for breakfast. I go to gym every day around 9:30 so I need something good in my stomach. Any ideas?

Things I can't eat: Bread (no yeast), scones, cheese (nothing fermented), fruit yoghurt, sugar (I don't need to worry about trace sugar), chocolate, honey, syrup, mushrooms, cucumber, cabbage, sprouts, green beans, no fruit of any kind (fructose feed yeast), yeast, stock cubes (there are some that don't have any yeast in though and I can use those), vinegar, monosodium glutamate, coffee, decaf (no worries there), fruit juice, (I can have cranberry juice though, so long as there is no added sugar), no alcohol (again no worries). I must look at all packaging to see if there is sugar, so no cereal either.

Please your meal ideas would be most welcome. 6 weeks can be a very long time, or an interesting journey of different foods.

Thanks.

3 comments:

Jen said...

Can you eat flour tortillas? I believe they have baking powder instead of yeast. How about peanut butter in them for breakfast?

Pasta, maybe with roasted vegetables (recipe on my blog) or simple tomato sauce or pesto (okay, maybe not for breakfast, but for other meals!) You're prob best off keeping it simple - baked potato, lean meat or fish, veg that you can eat. Good luck!!

Elaine said...

Oh that sounds like you are going to starve. I suggest a high proteine diet then, with rye bread and if you look in the health food aisle at Tesco, they have a lot of yeast free products. Pasta is good and potatoes. What about Oats?? An egg for breakfast is good??? All the best with this new diet. and hey if you loose a few kilograms make sure to pass it along, you might be able to sell it and make millions.

Elaine said...

Oh that sounds like you are going to starve. I suggest a high proteine diet then, with rye bread and if you look in the health food aisle at Tesco, they have a lot of yeast free products. Pasta is good and potatoes. What about Oats?? An egg for breakfast is good??? All the best with this new diet. and hey if you loose a few kilograms make sure to pass it along, you might be able to sell it and make millions.