Saturday 23 August 2008

Belfast Botanic Gardens

We went to the Botanic Gardens today. After a year and a half of living here we finally made it. It is beautiful, it reminds me of the Durban Botanic gardens. We saw some South African (or at least flowers I recognized from South Africa, whether they are indigenous I can not say) I definitely thought of you Mom, and I will bring you here in June next year when you come for your visit.

Pete, forever on the internet, wherever there is a signal.
A sound rig setting up for some event caught Pete's eye.
There was a huge rose garden. When you came down the steps towards it you were immediately surrounded with beautiful scents, the air was full.
Check out this gnarled tree.
Me at one of the entrances
A huge thistle.

the Palm house, unfortunately it was closed, so we will see inside another day.

No comments: