Saturday 28 June 2008

First visit to England

My mom paid for me to come and visit my sister in England in 2001. There are three very prominent memories of that trip in my mind. And here they are:

It was in the middle of Winter and I remember thinking that I had never been so cold in my life. When I left the airport I felt like the cold had punched me in the chest. Angela had brought a spare coat for me to borrow and I was very grateful!

Then when we were driving back from the airport I couldn't believe how dirty all the cars were. I later found out that it is because of the salty mixture that they put onto the roads to prevent ice from building up. Then I couldn't believe that these people don't wash their cars, I mean it's not that much of a job. (PS. My car was filthy this Winter because it's too cold for me to go out and wash my car)

The third memory is of all the moss. I love moss, in fact I tried to grow a moss garden in my mom's garden as a little girl. There was moss everywhere, on the pavement, on the road, on the walls, on the roofs, I think if you sat down for long enough the moss could grow on you!

Last night I was looking out of our window at another beautiful sunset and noticed the moss on our roof and had all those memories flooding back. It was a great holiday, thanks Ange for always being so hospitable.

No comments: