Monday 26 March 2012

Cycling far and wide

I have really taken to cycling lately, I love the feeling of the wind on my face, the freedom to cycle where I please and the safety in which I can do it!  I so love living here!

I was regularly cycling a 9 mile rout, up through Cowes, along Gurnard and then back down to our house, but the other day I felt an itching to go somewhere far.  So I decided to head off to Yarmouth.  It was so lovely, and I was physically able to do it, a round trip of 20 miles, it took me 2 hours.  Lots of sweat to show for it.

 This is the bridge in Yarmouth, I took this photo in case anyone didn't believe me :)

Then two weeks ago I decided to cycle to Sandown, also a 20 mile round trip, that took me 1 hour and 50 min.  So I'm getting fitter and faster.  

We live in Newport, so this map gives you a point of reference to work from.


It's fabulous to be alive!  I'm so grateful for a body that works!  I feel blessed indeed!


1 comment:

Judy said...

Well done! I love your pink top!