Friday 30 July 2010

Cowes Dinghy Week part 2

This was our last day of Dinghy Week, and we came 3rd on the water! It was good fun. This time the pictures did come out in the right order, so here is me setting up the boat. (Cheryn was kind enough to be our photographer.)Planning strategy...

getting ready to launch

I love my gloves, eventually I want the wetsuit, lifejacket and kag, oh and why not the boots too. It's just too cool that there is a brand name that is mine too!



And we're off



This is during the race, the yellow sail is in our class, the white sails are in a different race.
Having fun in the waves.

Can you see us on the left? Not all of these boats are in our race, there is a mix up of a few different classes.

See how we overtake the guy with the yellow sail, hee, hee.



The finish line, look at the guy on the right with the yellow boat, he was in our class, we beat him! Look at the other yellow boat far in the distance on the left, also our class. We were the ones at the back on Monday though, some days are great and some days aren't.
The place where we park our dinghy is some way up the coast, so I dropped Pete off and sailed the boat back, all by my self, this is the first time I have sailed completely on my own!
I wasn't one bit scared, and I had fun, and I did everything right too. I am really loving Sailing.

2 comments:

Pete Bowen said...

Here's a link to a great picture of our fleet.

http://www.iwcp.co.uk/news/sailing/no-clear-winners-at-cowes-dinghy-week-33939.aspx

Pete Bowen said...

Our final position was 9th out of 26.