Monday 28 January 2008

I will miss my friend


This morning we heard that the Prophet Gordon B Hinckley passed away on Sunday night. I felt like I knew him well, I am going to miss him. I used to love listening to his addresses at conference and I felt his love for me.

I am glad for him too though, I am sure that he is walking arm in arm with Marjorie and that they are laughing about fond memories that were experienced here upon this earth. I also know that he was greeted lovingly by Our Saviour, I am sure there were many embraces and happy tears.

I want a greeting like that when I pass through to their presence. I will strive to live in such a way that that will be possible.

Thank you for all you did for us, we will never know the burden your calling placed on your shoulders, but we can never comprehend the joys that came with it too.

Till we meet again...

No comments: