Sunday 3 June 2007


Dear Blog,

A week of entertainment contrasts. Thursday night rocking to a three hour Meatloaf concert and Sunday Morning a two hour broadcast conference with President Hinckly the Prophet.

Picture on the left shows me before the concert in my "Sieze The Night 2007" official tour hoodie and the stage in the background.

I am reading a book called "The 4-hour Work Week" by Tim Ferris. He speaks of taking several mini-retirements throughout life while you're young and full of energy rather than saving towards some undefined event in the future when you have enough money to sit around and do nothing. I realize that this is exactly what I am doing now - it's nice to have someone else say it's ok because so many have thought me strange selling everything, stopping work and moving to another country. It seemed like quite a logical thing to do and I don't know why more people haven't done it.

Picture of Meatloaf in full swing - he has tremors in his hands and looked like an old man for the first few songs but built up through the evening until he had the whole audience on their feet rocking to "Bat Out of Hell".

Corbin got a new bike - for some reason his first one did not have gears while everyone else in the family did. He pedaled as fast as he could but was always at the back. Now he has lots of fun going on bike rides.

Rachel: I met some new friends at stake conference and saw a boy that looked like Joseph Smith on one of the church videos. I also watched a censored version of the Titanic movie and cried buckets of tears when all the people drowned (especially the poor ones locked in "last class"). I like to go to school, my teacher is the kindest teacher.

No comments: